WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I never intended to use one of these but my brother has persuaded me to start one up. So I hope the thoughts which I convey to you will have some sort of impact or meaning as I share my feelings. Feel free to comment.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Introduction

Well, going to Trilogy (college conference for Intervarsity Christian Fellowship) was definitely a great experience for me. We were challenged in so many ways and there was quite a bit to chew on after the weekend. However, the most impacting challenge that I encountered involved a talk on witnessing and the limitations that we, as believers, place on ourselves. I know for me, that witnessing can be a very scary thing (maybe for you too). But anyway there was a point made by the speaker that hit me pretty hard and it was this, "If Jesus is your best friend, like we all claim, then why aren't you introducing Him to the people you know." Now, to some people that does not apply but for a lot of us, I think, we are scared of it. I know I have been and have made several excuses to make up for it. These excuses include but are not limited to: just living the gospel (I'll talk about if and only if they ask about it), I am afraid of the rejection that can easily come with sharing the gospel, I assume someone else will do it if it's really God's will, I am afraid that I wont have the answers to their questions and that I am not ready for it yet. As far as the first listed item is concerned, it was quite eye opening for me to hear. Yes, of course Jesus lived the gospel and He showed that in the ways He talked, acted, and presented Himself. But more importantly, Christ openly talked about it. If we are truly trying to be imitators of Christ we need to be doing the same. Jesus did not wait for the opportunity to present itself, but rather He created the opportunity without hesitation. He had a mission and a gameplan that He did not falter from. Don't wait for the opportunity to introduce Christ, create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment