WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I never intended to use one of these but my brother has persuaded me to start one up. So I hope the thoughts which I convey to you will have some sort of impact or meaning as I share my feelings. Feel free to comment.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Something to be Thankful For

As Thanksgiving approaches, I have had ample time to reflect on what I am thankful for and there is quite a lot. God has blessed me beyond measure over the years and, to some degree, I haven't given Him the credit He is due which = all credit. So I'm just going to share some things that I am thankful for. So here it goes
I Thank God for...
my mother Lolita, a strict but loving mother that has kept me on the straight and narrow while allowing me to grow and experience things as I grow older, my father Daniel who has faithfully provided for our family, my brother Jed that I believe God has put in my life as a test to my faith, my brother Jesse that has been a joy to be around, talk to, jam with, and observe in the way he lives out his faith, a best friend Ben who has been there for me for as long as I can remember, strengthening me when I whined and rejoicing with me as he always made me laugh (and still does), my youth pastor Joey who has served as a father figure to me and best friend, keeping me accountable to who I am and what is right in God's eyes, my senior pastor Bob, who has honestly been one of the most Godly men I have ever known showing a great deal of integrity while presenting the Word of God truthfully and understandably, my church family back home who has supported me since I was just a wee lad, the opportunity to go to a university right out of high school and providing for the expenses that come along with that, the community and church that I have found here in Merced, a great friend and accountability partner, Mike Burns who has been such an encouragement to me, my many good friends whom I love dearly back home: Ashley, Jesse's Ashley, Alex, Scott, Frank, Alyssa, Orestes, Levi and so many others, all the adult leaders in the church back home that have also set a Godly example and who have also surrounded me with a good community, the musical talents that God has given me for the sole purpose of glorifying Him through melodious songs, the sweet computer I am typing on right now (Bernie MAC Dre, given to me by my amazing parents), the car that I drive, the food that I have, and the clothes on my back.

This is just but a small list comprised off the top of my head but there is so much more out there that I am sure I am forgetting.There is always something that you can be thankful for. Realize that the computer you are reading this from is a blessing in and of itself. If you have food, hot water, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and are able to read and write (which I am sure you can, otherwise you would be incapable of reading this), then you are quite fortunate whether you think so or not. Some families wake up every day not knowing if they will even be able to eat. So how dare I ever complain about the circumstances that I am in...despite anything that happens, I am blessed and I am thankful. To Him be the glory and praise forever and ever.

Psalm 100:4-5
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment