WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I never intended to use one of these but my brother has persuaded me to start one up. So I hope the thoughts which I convey to you will have some sort of impact or meaning as I share my feelings. Feel free to comment.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sacrifice

I recently watched the movie called "Seven Pounds" and my, was I amazed. The beginning of the film seems to have little direction or plot, just random things happening for no apparent reason. As good movies do, they begin to explain those reasons with the events that follow later on. I don't want to spoil the movie if you haven't seen it yet (I say this because I suggest you watch it when you get the chance) but it is actually the motivator that pushed me to write this (in the process of explaining myself, however, I may spoil it [as to what degree I do, decide for yourself] haha).

Basically, it starts with a fatal mistake. A screw up...something that cannot be taken back or fixed. But the remainder of that person's life is spent trying to make up for that one mistake. To redeem if you
will. But can anything be done to really "fix" those things? Unfortunately, the answer is no. However, if one lived a blameless life free of wrongdoing...perhaps their sacrifice could serve as the ultimate redemption for that person's life. But why in the world would anyone do that for imperfect and blemished beings? The answer is simple...love. Love that cannot be comprehended but that CAN be seen. Love that is not based upon a conditional response from the recipient of that love but rather on the presence of that love alone. There is no condition. Just someone willing to give their life as payment for the wrongdoing of the world, including you and I. Obviously, this "someone" is Jesus Christ. All He gave was everything and all He wants is you. All of you.

Which brings me to the reason
as to why I am sharing this with you. I must confess that I don't feel that I have been giving all of myself to Him. I have held back to some degree. I haven't given my all. After watching "Seven Pounds" God really convicted my heart (kinda weird ain't it?). I felt Him telling me that, "Yes, you have been spending time with Me, and yes, you do give up a lot for Me...but I want more and I know that you try, but you have not given me your life." And this is true. I have been reading my bible...but I have been watching TV and playing videogames much more. I have been praying but I need to be praying ALL OF THE TIME. The problem lies within me. I have not given all of my life to Christ as He willingly gave up His for mine. The problem is that I have been trying to find my life rather than trying to lose it for His name's sake. So now, I choose to die to self and live for Christ. I will put aside my wants and my desires for the furthering of His kingdom rather than mine.

I will love as He
loved me. I will give to others when it is in my power to do so. I only know what love is because He laid down His life for me (and you) in perfect love. Jesus has revealed that love requires one thing. Sacrifice.

Galatians 2:20- 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Proverbs 3:27-
27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.

Matthew 10:39-
39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

John 15:12-13-
12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

1 John 3:16-
16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

John 13:34-35-
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”



No comments:

Post a Comment