WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I never intended to use one of these but my brother has persuaded me to start one up. So I hope the thoughts which I convey to you will have some sort of impact or meaning as I share my feelings. Feel free to comment.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ain't Always Peachy

Tonight was my first time being back to the youth group while having Jesse being thee "dude (leader/youth pastor). He changed a lot of things since he has been given the responsibilities of leading youth group as well as leading the worship on Sunday mornings, but I must say, for the better. I believe that what happens is the same routine over and over again...and the church can get so used to that routine that WE, as a church, get focused on the "tradition" or structure and get knit-picky with pointless criticisms. So I guess what I'm saying is that I appreciate Jesse coming in and changing things up a bit. I can understand that it can be difficult sometimes though when people don't share that same passion that you do.
Anyways, the thing I wanted to focus on was the lesson taught tonight. This has probably been one of the more different lessons I've heard in awhile. We get used to hearing that if you just trust God, everything will come out great for you in the end. And no doubt, what happens in the end will ultimately be better for you somehow simply because that is God's will for you (granted you are walking with Him). But if you really think about it, its NOT ALWAYS going to end up how you want it. We, as humans, have this instinctive idea that we need this or that...but do we really? We have it, in our minds that God WILL give us what we want if we trust Him for it and are faithful to Him. And yes, sometimes that fact is true but we need to learn the meaning of NO. The truth is, God will NOT ALWAYS give us what we want. I was reading the other day in Romans 8:26-27 "26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."
WE do not know what we ought to pray for! Sometimes we need to realize that we can, in fact, be wrong in our desires for something. But the awesome thing is, the Holy Spirit prays for what WE NEED and most importantly "in accordance with God's will." This boggles my mind. So I guess the thoughts I want to provoke are ones that can always turn to God no matter when everything is flushed down the toilet. This is hard! What is easy these days anyway? I find myself struggling with this perpetually. So lets stop turning to alternatives and turn to God first. Why ask creation for advice when we can ask the Creator? It's always easier in word than deed but that is what separates a flaky "Christian" from a bonafide believer!

No comments:

Post a Comment