WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I never intended to use one of these but my brother has persuaded me to start one up. So I hope the thoughts which I convey to you will have some sort of impact or meaning as I share my feelings. Feel free to comment.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What a Day

So it started off with Jesse and I watching the FIFA World Cup game that decided whether or not the U.S. would proceed onto the semi-finals. It was a nail-biter and quite entertaining to watch considering we got robbed of yet another would-be score...dumb refs. Anyways, it came down to the very end in which the refs added 4 additional minutes to the play time and the U.S. finally scored off a blocked shot that bounced back towards Landon Donovan! It was an exciting game to watch and Jesse and I yelled in cacophonous bursts of joy! Haha, well after the game we got to cleaning up the house...and stumbled upon a history-in-the-making tennis match between 2 great players. John Isner from America and some dude named Mahut from France...all I can say is that at this point in time, while I'm posting this, they are at 118 games. Over 9 hours of tennis playing spread out over the course of 2 days...3 counting tomorrow if no one seals the deal. Holy cow though, I want Isner to win!!!

After that we left the house at which we were staying, we came back home to clean up also since we have relatives coming over for the weekend. And so we all had things to do: I had to start washing the '86 Honda Civic which we are trying to sell, after that I had to completely rearrange my room, essentially by myself (with small help from my brother and father, thanks guys), Jesse had to clean up the loft and help mom with rearranging the family room. So it was a pretty busy day. Jesse also had to leave because he had to get stuff at the church ready for youth group...everyone is just so busy, at this point in time, I am still not completely done with getting my room together...I never realized I had so much stuff.

So my main problem with all of this craziness is that I forget to give time to God. How can I even dare to say that? It is just so frustrating when you want to do something so bad and you have it in the back of your mind but it just always seems to slip away, what a dumb excuse...haha. I just need to figure out a way to set aside a specific time of the day for my bible study and time with God alone. Otherwise, it just gets flaky. I just need prayer to get going, I know I pray and talk to God constantly but I MUST get into the WORD more...I hunger for it! There's just a big gap between action and words. Well, whatever happens...God shall be praised.
As the Do Work Crew verse goes...

James 1:22:-"22Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

Matthew 5:6-"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

No comments:

Post a Comment